The relaxing experience of a luxuriously warm shower can easily be ruined when you step out into a freezing cold bathroom. But luckily there’s a way to avoid having to endure this post-shower cold by getting a towel warmer. With a warm towel you can dry off and stay snug. Depending on your preferences you can choose either an electric or a hydronic towel warmer. But if you’re not sure which one to choose, these best towel warmer reviews and comparison chart should be of help.
- Elite Cabi-Warmer
- Type: electric
- Dimensions: 17.75" x 10.5" x 14"
- Capacity: 24 small, facial-sized towels
- Other: temp of 150-160 degrees, interior towel rack, water-drip pan, interior temperature control
- Elite Mini
- Type: electric
- Dimensions: 13.75" x 11" x 10"
- Capacity: 12 small, facial-sized towels
- Other: temp of 150-160 degrees, interior towel rack, water-drip pan, interior temperature control
- Brookstone 647156
- Type: electric
- Dimensions: 13" x 22"
- Capacity: 2 oversize towels
- Other: heats towels up to 120 degrees in 10 minutes, auto-shutoff,
- Amba RWH-CB
- Type: hydronic
- Dimensions: 31.5" x 5.8" x 23.6"
- Capacity: 10 towels
- Other: Grade 304 stainless steel, 7 day/24 hour programmable timer
- Type: electric
- Dimensions: 13.4" x 24.4"
- Capacity: 2 oversize towels
- Other: built-in timer (up to 60 min), two-button control panel
- GC Global Direct
- Type: electric
- Dimensions: 18" x 11" x 14"
- Capacity: 70-80 facial towels
- Other: CE Approved, built-in UV sterilizer, micro computer control panel
- 1 Top 6 Towel Warmers Reviewed
- 2 Brookstone Electric Free Standing Towel Warmer
- 3 Elite Hot Towel Cabi-Warmer
- 4 Elite Hot Towel Cabinet
- 5 Amba RWH-CB Heated Towel Rail
- 6 Brookstone 647156 Heated Towel Warmer
- 7 GC Global Direct Free Standing Towel Warmer
- 8 Best Towel Warmer Comparison Chart
- 9 What is a Towel Warmer?
- 10 Towel Warmer Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Towel Warmer
- 11 Bottom Line
Top 6 Towel Warmers Reviewed
Brookstone Electric Free Standing Towel Warmer
Brookstone towel warmer is all about versatility. It does not just warm your towel. You can warm your cozy robe, bed sheets, and a host of other materials in less than ten minutes. In addition to speed, the Brookstone wet shirts product features a sleek, large design that also supports easy installation. You simply place the towel warmer anywhere, and it gets the job done. One feature that makes this product so efficient, however, is the fact that it uses a silicone heating element. Silicone heating elements are powerful and very effective at heating the towel on both sides.
- Large design for versatility. The portable towel warmer takes a large, stylish design to handle more than one towel at a time. You can warm two standard sized towels in the warmer in ten minutes or less. For lighter materials like bed sheets, the Brookstone warmer will kick the chill out of them in five minutes. Basically, you can warm numerous materials with the Brookstone best-selling product.
- Efficient Silicone heating element. Brookstone uses one of the most efficient towel heating elements; silicone. The silicone heating element absorbs heat and warms the entire towel efficiently in much less time than other heating elements.
- Auto shut off feature. You don’t need to check if the towel is warm for you to shut off the warmer. Instead, the Brookstone product features a technology that lets it sense when the towel is fully warm before shutting itself.
- Easy to install. The towel warmer is easy to install as you don’t need to assemble it up.
Elite Hot Towel Cabi-Warmer
If your favorite experience in a spa or motel is the hot towels, here is a product you should consider buying. Although already discontinued by the manufacturer, Elite Hot towel Cabi-warmer is still one of the best rated towel warmers in the market. Designed for versatility, the Cabi product will warm two regular sized towels in less than ten minutes. Elite hot towel warmer features a small, yet big enough for your face towels design, an auto shut off technology and an exterior finish that will complement your interior décor well.
- Insulated cabinet for efficiency. The electric towel warmer features a fully insulated body to enhance efficiency without increasing your energy bills. In addition, the warmer’s heating elements are fixed all around the walls for faster heating.
- Internal temperature control. Similar to many top towel warmers, the Cabi Elite hot towel warmer features an internal temperature control that switched the unit off once the towel is fully warmed.
- Large for versatility. Although not the largest in the market, this towel warmer is best suited for spas and salons where face towels must be kept hot. The unit will fit up to 24 face towels or two standard sized towels at a go. You can also warm bed sheets and robes with the towel warmer.
- Easy to install. The towel warmer is portable, and be installed at any place of your choosing. You don’t need to worry about assembling with this towel warmer.
- Features an interior towel rack and drip pan to drain excess water.
Elite Hot Towel Cabinet
Elite Hot Towel Cabinet is best suited for spa owners, restaurants, gyms and people who generally don’t need the largest of towel warmers. With the ability to warm 12 face towels or a single big towel, Elite Hot Towel Cabinet utilizes radiant heating technology to sterilize your towel and kick the chills out of it for a comfortable and warm towel. For a price of $130, the towel warmer features also a magnetic door, a compact design and a temperature control technology.
- Fast and Efficient. If there is only one reason to buy this towel warmer; it has to be the speed at which it warms your towel. Place your towel in there and it will get out sterilized and hot in less than ten minutes. If you are a restaurant or spa owner, the towel warmer will sterilize napkins and face towels with its efficient radiant heating technology in minutes.
- Uses UV based sterilizing technology. The towel warmer uses a UV light lamp to sterilize instead of heating the towels and risk bleaching. The towel warmer does not also rely on bulbs for heating, instead of using more efficient heat warmers.
- Compact design for easy installation. Elite hot towel cabinet features a slightly smaller than average designs that ease installation and saves on space around your house. The unit weighs 9 pounds only and has a footprint worth 17.8 x 10.5 x 14 inches.
- Features an internal temperature control unit. This ensures that the towels are not over heated and that the unit can shut itself at the right time.
Amba RWH-CB Heated Towel Rail
Don’t settle for ordinary when you have the chance to buy one of the best heated towel racks on the market. Amba RWH-CB is a large enough towel warmer that you place two towels and a few more face towels in there. The unit is compact and features the latest technology in heating your garments. Featuring a modern, stylish design, curvy lines to make it look unique, Amba will add beauty in your house without taking much of your space. Besides luxury, the unit is an efficient garment warmer.
- Fast and Efficient. No bulbs, no liquids left, Amba heats your towel in the shortest amount of time and with great efficiency. With the help of its temperature control unit, the unit does the job done only for you to switch it off with the on/off switch on the bottom left part of its body.
- Energy saving. Amba uses the best heating elements to warm your towels fast without consuming much of your power. According to the manufacturer, Amba uses an equivalent of two lights bulbs in power consumption.
- Sleek and spacious. The electric towel rail for bathroom features two of the most important features in a towel warmer; space and good design. Its large space means that you get to warm a few of your most important garments at the same time. The fact that it is stylish and compact, on the other hand, is a bonus for anyone appreciates quality engineering.
- Easy to install. The unit comes with all the hardware pieces needed for its installation.
- Durable. The top rated model features a stainless steel build for durability. Overall, the unit is well engineered with quality crossbars for great efficiency.
Brookstone 647156 Heated Towel Warmer
Brookstone is one of the most popular towel manufacturers in the industry. With the 647156 model, expect better technology and faster heating speeds. The Brookstone 647156 model is also designed as an elegance item, featuring a sleek, large body. Apart from bigger space to help you warm more towels, you now can time how fast you want the towel warmed. The unit’s timer can be set at intervals of 15-60 minutes before it automatically shuts off. Although designed to warm bigger towels and robes, the unit’s design is tall and narrow to save on space around the house.
- Fast and efficient. Brookstone uses quality silicone made heating that leaves the towels and bath robes warm on both sides. When it comes to how long you want the towel in the warmer, this Brookstone allows you to choose the time in between 15 and 60 minutes.
- Extra large for versatility. If you have towels longer than 50 inches in width, this s the right warmer for you. According to the manufacturer, Brookstone 647156 is large enough for two towels that measure 40 x 70 inches. If you are a spa owner, this means you could fit in up to 30 face towels at a go.
- Space saving and durable design. Brookstone uses a narrow but tall design to help save installation space. However, their engineering is top notch, and the unit could last for many years.
- Features a helpful cord wrap to keep the best heated towel rail neat when not in use.
GC Global Direct Free Standing Towel Warmer
GC Global towel warmer is one of the best-selling products from the brand name. Featuring a compact and large design, this model is designed for people in need of a large towel or garment warmer. The unit’s interior walls consist of an Aluminum made chamber that supports a superior heating capability. The unit also features an internal temperature control that warms your towel only to the recommended levels. With versatility guaranteed, GC Global designed the unit to keep your towels neat. With a drip tray at the bottom and sterilizing technology, GC Global towel warmer.
- Large. One of the most conspicuous details about this towel warmer is its size. Measuring 18 x 11 x 14 inches, the unit holds 23 liters worth of garments. And since it features quality heating elements, the GC Global models will heat your large sized towels in the least amount of time possible.
- Quality engineered. Some online reviewers describe the GC Global model as the best free standing towel warmer. And judging by elegant design, generous spacing, and numerous helpful features, the unit does deserve that title. Again, GC Global comes at a cost of only $120, which makes it cheaper than many other towel warmers with the same capabilities.
- Easy to install and easy. The towel warmer comes already assembled, leaving you only one option of finding a place to keep it. Using the unit is also easy, noting that it features a temperature control and an auto shut off technology.
Best Towel Warmer Comparison Chart
|Elite Cabi-Warmer||electric||17.75" x 10.5" x 14"||24 small, facial-sized towels||temp of 150-160 degrees, interior towel rack, water-drip pan, interior temperature control|
|Elite Mini||electric||13.75" x 11" x 10"||12 small, facial-sized towels||temp of 150-160 degrees, interior towel rack, water-drip pan, interior temperature control|
|Brookstone 647156||electric||13" x 22"||2 oversize towels||heats towels up to 120 degrees in 10 minutes, auto-shutoff|
|Amba RWH-CB||hydronic||31.5" x 5.8" x 23.6"||10 towels||Grade 304 stainless steel, 7 day/24 hour programmable timer|
|Brookstone||electric||13.4" x 24.4"||2 oversize towels||built-in timer (up to 60 min), two-button control panel|
|GC Global Direct||electric||18" x 11" x 14"||70-80 facial towels||CE Approved, built-in UV sterilizer, micro computer control panel|
What is a Towel Warmer?
A towel warmer is an electric powered or hydronic powered device that uses heating elements or light bulbs to dry your towel after a shower or warm it for you. Invented in Europe in the 20th century, the towel warmer is one of the most unsung bathroom inventions today.
With many parts of the US and Europe cold for a big span of the year, it makes a lot of sense to have a towel warmer in the house. The average towel warm will fit two standard sized towels and will take less than 15 minutes to turn a damp towel hot.
Improvements in technology mean that people no longer have to rely on a home radiator system to keep their towels warm. Modern towel warmers infuse technology and great engineering to deliver aesthetically appealing, spacious yet fully functioning towel warmers. A small, compact shaped or bucket shaped towel warmer is enough to do the job. In construction, manufacturers combine metal with quality plastics to produce a towel warmer that can last for a long period of time.
How they work
Most quality towel warmers no longer use light bulbs to heat the towels. Instead, they feature heating elements attached to the interior walls that heat the towel on both sides efficiently. Depending on the quality of the heating elements, the towel warmer will last for between 10 and 60 minutes to heat your towel. Many towels also heat other bathroom garments such as face towels and bathrobes. In the restaurants, towel warmers are also used to sterilize and warm napkins.
Towel warmers are often more expensive than a typical bathroom towel. And depending on the brand, size, and technology used to make them, the towel warmer could cost as high as $200. However, there are many quality towel warmers that cost $100 and below.
Towel Warmer Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Towel Warmer
Since towel warmers are no longer a privilege, it is time you bought one and bid goodbye to face a chilly bathroom once you get out of the tub. A quality bathroom warmer is no longer expensive, and should also not give you a headache to find. But with manufacturers sending all their inventions on the same market, you could find trouble picking the right deal for you. However, follow our guide below and you will have an easier time buying the right towel warmer.
Electric vs. Hydronic
Towel warmers are categorized into two broad ways, electric and hydronic. Electrically powered towel warmers are more popular, but hydronic powered are not inefficient as well.
Electric towels are more popular because of their energy saving nature and the fact that almost everyone buying the towel warmer will have power connection in their homes. A typical electric powered towel warmer will use in equivalent what two light bulbs consume in power. They use heating elements to generate heat that evaporates moisture out of the towel. Generally, you will find two types of electrically powered towel warmers: Free standing and mounted models.
The alternative of electrically powered towel warmers is warmers that use hot water from your shower to warm the towel. They are much more efficient in energy saving, but they can provide difficulties in installation. If you are in the home building stage, installing a hydronic towel warmer is easier than when you already have everything done.
Free Standing vs. Mounted
A free standing towel warmer comes in the form of a compact device that you plug into the wall socket when you need to warm your garments. A mounted towel warmer is connected through your home’s electrical system. In most cases, electrically powered towel warmers are free standing while their mounted counterparts are hydronic. For flexibility and convenience reasons, most people prefer a free standing towel warmer. They not only give you the freedom to place them anywhere in your home, they are also easier to install. And given that they are also energy efficient, there are few reasons as to why you would choose not to buy a free standing towel warmer these days.
Size and Style
Towel warmers come in all shapes and sizes. You have so much to choose from when looking at a warmer’s size and style. It is easier to settle on the size because you only have to worry about how many towels or garments you need to be warmed at once. But as for style, you have to check everything out before you can decide on what to buy. Do you love straight or arched tops? Does your bathroom look good with antique or contemporary styles? What kind of rails do you want in your ideal towel warmer?
With such multiple features to keep in mind, looking for a warmer whose design, shape and finish will complement the interior décor in your home. If you have a contemporary inspired bathroom, adding a contemporarily designed towel warmer will boost those aesthetics. If you have most devices finished with chrome, another chrome or satin nickel won’t clash your style.
A timer on your towel warmer will lower your energy bills even further. The best timers will allow you to change the time you need your towels heat. Another advantage of a timer is that it adds convenience to your showers. You can simply drop your towel into the warmer fifteen minutes before your shower and time it accordingly. By the time you are through showering, the timer will turn off and give you a hot and fluffy towel just when you need it. In addition to a timer, a thermostat to manage the device’s temperature could also aid convenience where the towel warmer lacks an internal temperature control unit.
While every manufacturer will claim to sell the most energy efficient towel warmers, they are all not the same. Some towel warmers are more energy efficient than others. Buy the most energy efficient among them. Don’t compromise on quality though. Consider all other important factors before looking at the device’s energy efficiency.
Every warmer will feature a rack or hook where you store the towel for warming. The best warmers feature a rack divided into two so that you can add an extra towel or bathrobe as well. If you are only interested in the warmer to warm towels alone, either hooks or racks will be effective. However, a device that uses hooks to store the garments may not be efficient for someone who needs multiple face towels warmed at the same time.
Time to Heat
A quality warmer heats two standard towels in fifteen minutes. The best warmer heats towels in ten minutes or less, but they will also consume more power.
Price and Warranty
While buying a towel warmer, take care to ensure you don’t buy an overpriced product. Also, ensure the warmer has a warranty to guarantee free technical services or a replacement of the product if it malfunctions too soon.
For a product that costs $100 or more, it is worth taking your time to get the right device. It is needless to invest your money in a product whose quality and efficiency you are not certain. Fortunately, you can find the best towel warmer in any leading retail store. On online retail stores, you will also find plenty of towel warmers at affordable prices. The best products are actually easier to find on online retail stores. Simply sort through the products on our towel warmer reviews above and you could find the ideal warmer for you.